ba11

Divas Dishing The Dirt

3 friends. 3 very different people. All with opinions.



Friday, January 06, 2006
When did I suddenly get old?

Last night as I was got out of the shower, I heard a sort of howling/wind type noise. I was fairly concerned, was it a tornado? A hurricane? (or whatever it is they have around these parts) ... hope not. I paused and listened then quickly realized it was just the wind whipping around outside. I stood there trying to dry off and suddenly remembered how I used to feel about wind like that when I was maybe 14 or 15...it was exhilarating to me. I would stand in it just feeling the vibrancy and hold my hands out to touch it. Now-a-days I just get concerned, worried that it may be a natural disaster coming on or something! What happened!..... I say to myself. When did it change from adoration to concern? I can't remember!Which is even worse cause that definitely means I'm getting older though I've never had a good memory anyways. Nevermind all that.... back to my point. Since when did I get old? I can think of a slew of thing I used to find total exhilaration from that I just don't like so much anymore. The Dukes of Hazard or climbing trees for instance. I used to love to climb trees, nevermind the fact I was like 7 years old, I still loved it. Now I'm like, oh no, I might fall! And Daisy Duke needless to say is no longer a role model. SEE!.......... OLD! Woe is me........

Another thing. How can you love and hate the same person to both extremes. Honestly sometimes I want my husband to drop off the face of the earth and then other times I don't think I could stand for him to be anywhere but glued to my side! How is this? You know in Sociology I learned
(yes I actually learned something in college, weird right?) that most murders are committed by family members! I can SO see that. Really.

Anyway I leave you with a picture of my drapes I've been working on. The two panels in the picture are done, I just need to make more for the other windows. It may be hard to tell but they're striped with green, blue, and yellow and it's on a silk blend fabric that has a kind of sheen to it.



posted by Ms. Adventures at 8:11 AM

The Divas

Three friends found a space to share their love of home, health, movies, music and more. But they do it with their own unique styles.

Recent Articles

Header & Layout designed by Crystal